Thank you so much Laura from Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry for passing on this award to me. I seriously never expected it would come around to me, and the fact that it came from Laura whom I admire so much for her knowledge in food and nutrition, makes this a real honor. Laura is so sweet and is the kind of gal that I would love to sit down with over tea or green smoothies (preferably one of her green smoothies because she comes up with some super yummy smoothies and shakes) and pick her brain. So thanks again Laura!
“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Here are the questions attached to the Sunshine Award and my answers:
1. Favorite Color: At the moment (my favorite color changes often) I love turquoise, orange, and purple.
2. Favorite Animal: Cats. Giraffes. Apes. Henry. :) Hey, he’s fuzzy!
3. Favorite Number: 8
4. Favorite Drink: I really love my water, but if I get a hankering for something special it is usually a Vanilla Chai Tea.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. I am not a tweeter.
6. Good Movie or Good Book: A good book hands down. A movie just can’t quite suck you in like a book does. And there is so much that you miss in a movie that you can get from a book.
7. My passion: Obviously healthy eating and cooking, Jesus, and family. But one you may not know about is that I am also passionate about natural childbirth and would love to become a doula one day.
8. Giving or Getting presents: I am just going to be honest here. Before becoming a parent I would have to honestly say that getting gifts was more fun (unless I found THE perfect gift for someone and in that case it would be really fun and exciting), but now I really enjoy thoughtfully choosing gifts for my kids and watching them open them. Much better than getting gifts. I wish I was someone who is always seeing something that they know so-and-so would love and then they get to surprise them with an out-of-the-blue-for no-special-occasion-super-thoughtful gift. Those are the best gifts. But I am just not that person. If you are one of those people, you are AWESOME!
9. Favorite Day of the Year: Any day that we are on vacation and spending quality time together without worrying about all the stuff that needs to be done at home. Those are the best days.
10. Favorite Flower: Gerber daisies and peonies.
My nominees for the Sunshine Award:
Get Nourished J’lene offers real food, gluten free recipes that are family friendly and yummy. And I really love that she includes not only nourishing food for your body but also food for your soul by sharing the things God has placed on her heart. I am always encouraged…and ready to go cook something after I read her posts.
Gluten Free Gidget Katrina makes me laugh. She also makes super practical and simple recipes that she just throws together on a whim and Viola! something amazing!
Tessa the Domestic Diva I just love her! I have tried a number of her recipes and not one has disappointed. In fact they are all some of my favorites! I seriously want to eat everything she puts on her blog.
Whole New Mom Adrienne has a wealth of information about healthy eating and the science behind it. She is another person I would love to sit down with to pick her brain. And I have had my eye on her homemade chocolate chips for a long time. Can’t wait to try those!
Cook It Allergy Free Kim just seems like a really great mom and I just over all like her. She has posted some great discussion topics and genuinely enjoys hearing what her readers think about things. Not to mention her wonderful family-friendly recipes! I have tried a few and LOVED!
16 Balls in the Air Just discovered this one. Fell in love with the name. And I have since then enjoyed reading about their stories on faith, food, and family.
Finding Our New Normal While Lindsay doesn’t blog too much here lately (she is a photographer which is how I first came to follow her), her family’s story played a big role in not settling for migraine medication for the rest of my life and starting to seek out the root cause. Her son made a miraculous turn-around after a vaccination injury when they did away with processed foods and began to nourish his body with real foods and supplements. A must read story.
The Not So Super Mama Heather shares some refreshing and wholesome recipes while also being real about the joys and challenges of being a mom. I can totally relate to her.
The Enlightened Homemaker As a first time gardener, I love following her garden adventures and tips. She inspires me to keep going!
The Texas Rambler Last but certainly not least, my dad! He started his blog around the same time I started Coconut Mama. Not only has he been a tremendous help with this whole blog endeavor, but I am so proud of him for all the work and thought he has put into his blog. He is an inspiration because though he is 65 and retired he is still chasing dreams. He has a lot to share about one his passions: motorcycling and travel. It’s really fun to read!